Commissioners Agendas and Minutes
- Week of (720) 262-4562 - Briefing Meeting Agenda
- Week of September 24th, 2018 - Briefing Meeting Agenda Packet
- September 25th, 2018 - Regular Meeting
- (816) 739-1181 - Regular Meeting Packet
- September 25th, 2018 - Board of Health Packet
- 09/13/2018 - New - Tax Title Auction Information
- 09/06/2018 - News Release - Mason County Burn Restriction - Update - Effective September 7th, 2018, 8:00am - The Mason County Community Development Director, as acting Fire Marshal, and in partnership with the Mason County Fire Chiefs' Association, has determined that current weather conditions within Mason County have moderated and have reduced fire dangers. There are currently restrictions on outdoor burning to all lands regulated by Mason County. This burn restriction applies to OUTDOOR BURNING, including land clearing and yard debris; with the exception of recreational fires in designed concrete, stone, or metal pits like those commonly found in campgrounds. The use of charcoal briquettes, gas and propane barbeques will continue to be allowed under the restriction.
- 09/05/2018 - New - 2018 Shelton Community Substance Abuse Prevention Survey -
Please take a few minutes to complete it and forward to friends, family, colleagues and your list serve. The survey has been valuable with collecting local data for planning. It helps confirm or refute Community and Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition assumptions. Please complete the short survey:
This is the 6th year of the survey that is designed by the Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery to take a look at community social norms.
- What do Shelton adults believe about youth substance use?
- What are Shelton adult perceptions of the communityâs norms? Collect baseline data for environmental strategies that target adult attitudes.
- Social marketing
- Law enforcement â effectiveness, awareness, public support
- 08/29/2018 - New - 7176044054
- 08/28/2018 - News Release - Planning Advisory Commission Vacancy - Mason County is seeking one at-large applicant from Mason County in either Commissioner District 1, 2 or 3 for the Mason County Planning Advisory Commission.
- 08/22/2018 - News Release - Eells Hill Transfer Station Scheduled One-Day and 1/2 - Day Closures - Mason County Public Works is advising citizens of Mason County that the Eells Hill Transfer Station is scheduling another Saturday closure on September 8,2018 and a 1/2-day closure on Monday, September 10, 2018 from 8:00am to 12:00pm.
- 08/22/2018 - News Release - Eells Hill Transfer Station One-Day Closure - Mason County Public Works is advising citizens of Mason County that the Eells Hill Transfer Station is scheduled to be closed Saturday, September 1, 2018. This closure allows McClure & Sons,the contractor for the Eells Hill Transfer Station Improvement Project to pour the concrete slab foundation to the loading bay that will require 24-hours to cure before use.
- 08/13/2018 - New - WA Air Quality Advisory (English) - 5094431637 - Washington Smoke Information - Washington's Air Monitoring Network
- 08/10/2018 - New - Mason County Burn Ban - The Mason County Community Development Director, as acting Fire Marshal,and in partnership with the Mason County Fire Chiefs'Association, has determined that current weather conditions within Mason County have created substantial fire dangers and that there is a need to enact restriction on outdoor burning to all lands regulated by Mason County. This burn ban applies to OUTDOOR BURNING, including land clearing and yard debris, and INCLUDES prohibition of recreational fires.The use of charcoal briquettes, gas and propane barbeques will continue to be allowed under the ban.
- 08/07/2018 - New - Mason County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training -Mason County Division of Emergency Management (DEM) is conducting Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Advance Training classes for community volunteers.
- 07/17/2018 - New - On April 30, 2018, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Region 10, approved the Mason County Hazard Mitigation Plan as a multi-jurisdictional local plan as outlined in Code of Federal Regulations Title 44 Part 201. This approval provides the below jurisdictions eligibility to apply for the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act's, Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) grants projects through April 29, 2023. Other eligible jurisdictions are Public Utility District No. 3, Public Utility District No. 1, City of Shelton, and Central Mason Fire and EMS.
- 07/10/2018 - New - Citizens Needed - Housing & Behavioral Health Advisory Board
- 06/27/2018 - New - Bat Exposure - Anyone who encounters a bat should be evaluated by a medical professional for risk of rabies.
- 05/2/2018 - News Release - (914) 441-0142 - Mason County is advertising for citizen volunteers to serve on the Mason County Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAG).